Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekday Mornings.... Ugh

Sun bursting through trees
to illuminate the morning.
Daybreak's symphony
reaches fever pitch.
I need a sleep mask.
And ear plugs.


Okay, so that's not a 'real' poem, but that is how I feel in the morning. I am SO not a morning person. We live in the middle of nowhere in a house surrounded by woods. We don't have curtains (no, that's not an invitation for peeping toms. I keep meaning to get curtains, but they are expensive and I always have something else to spend my money on.) In the winter, this is fine since it is dark until noon and dreary all the time. In the summer, however, the sun is up before anyone should have to be, shining bright rays through the trees, right in my face.

I know I really have no right to complain about this. If I don't want the sun shining in my face, I should get curtains. But, curtains won't stop the day from starting. And they won't keep me from having to get up and drag myself in to the office. The only good thing about morning is coffee.... and that each morning I get through is one morning closer to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment