Saturday, June 13, 2009

Second Hand Distraction

I've been thinking a lot about how many people (myself, specifically) tend to remember things the way it helps them make sense of their present day. Not that this is negative, just part of human nature... I think. It's difficult not to apply new filters to things that happened in the past, since, if we are striving toward any goals in our lives, we should know ourselves better now than we did before. I don't think it's prudent to dwell on the past, but I do think examining from time to time where we've been, can help us move forward.



rear view condensation
obscures until
wiped clean by Musing's hand.
memories revived,
yet altered by contemporary bias.
second hand distraction amplified
as history increases.
glancing back induces
unfamiliar focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment