Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fracturing

Since rambling about my complete distraction when it comes to my life's purpose isn't getting me anywhere, I'll change the subject. I went to a writing workshop yesterday and we wrote with music playing while looking at pictures. Here is one of the things I wrote. I was going to post a description of the photo, but I think I'll wait a few days.

I was trying to get closer
to the brightest spot.
To where everyone else
was looking.
So brilliant.
So beautiful.
Shards of light
fracturing out from
the blinding center.
No one else wants
to look away.
But my eyes are
pulled to the shadows.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trischa-

    Wow, your blog is amazing. I'm excited to read your posts! You may find my blog sadly lacking...I'm not very consistent! But I am trying to write more. :)

    Thanks again for your note. And reading at the workshop -- I really connected with your piece. Your words, shards and fracture and blinding, drive home the image.

    Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon. :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! You're too kind... I often read over my posts and wonder if they made sense to anyone other than me.

    I hope you are enjoying the long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete