Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sidenotes and Ramblings

When I was writing yesterday's post, I did a search for scripture verses about helping.  I had some vague impressions of old Sunday School memory verses I was trying to locate, but nothing was what I was looking for.  I kept coming back to the 1 John verse.  I've been thinking about that one A LOT as I've been sorting ever-so-tediously through my unravelings.  Even though it doesn't include the word "help," I think that many of us would agree that Jesus did a lot of helping in his life on earth.  I went with it.

Work has been insane lately.  I can't catch up.  I've been stressed.  I've lost weight.  My already strange sleep patterns are messed up in a different way now than they were a few weeks ago.  I know it goes in cycles and I just have to get through this absurd patch, but right now I can barely keep track of my assignments.  It doesn't help that I'm preoccupied with all the stuff my brain is trying to sort out, but I'm trying to manage and trying to learn to switch back and forth.

An hour into the official work day, but already into my second hour of conference calls today, I checked the YouVersion Bible app on my iPod.  This is the verse of the day: 

"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them." - Hebrews 6:10

No joke. 

Sometimes I look for something and can't find it to save my life.  Sometimes I'm not even looking and it finds me.  Life is funny like that.

I have a feeling "helping others" is going to be a vital component of my One Word this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment