Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Come to This

I have nothing. Nothing. No idea what to write about. I guess I'll just ramble a little bit about my day, which is not ideal, but that is how these things go. This is what happens when I insist on writing even when I have nothing to write about.

I'm off work this week because my company has so generously allowed us to keep our jobs in exchange for everyone taking one week off unpaid. While it is very nice to have extra time off work, I'm really not looking forward to that paycheck that is about one-third of what I am normally paid (since they take the same amount of deductions for taxes, insurance, and 401k, but they are taking it out of one week's pay.)

Luke had told me last night that he was going to sleep in late and then when he got up he would get some clothes and come in and snuggle with me in my bed for a while. This morning he got up very early and made a lot of noise getting his clothes, woke up his brother, and made us all get up extra early. Yay.
We have a list of things to do during my week off, which include baking a cake and topping it with sprinkles, playing putt-putt, going adventuring, and playing in the pool. Naturally, the first thing they wanted to do was the cake. It took all morning to do the cake since everything takes longer with a 2- and 4-year old helping. They helped make the batter and the icing and they decorated it. I guess I just wanted them to have as much sugar as possible since I would have them most of the day by myself.


I did get away for a little while, to get my hair cut and colored. I love going to the salon. It's so relaxing and I always feel like I'm splurging and indulging, even if I'm just getting my hair trimmed. Plus, I'm friends with my stylist so it's like a pampering session and friend gab session all in one. I went darker with my hair and I really like it. I felt like the lighter highlights (getting even lighter in the summer sun) were getting just a bit too perky and sunny, so they didn't really suit me.

Owen was especially difficult tonight, alternating between super-cute and super-terrible-two boy. He fought me on just about everything. He was disciplined several times. After I carried him to his room because he refused to walk by himself and I was explaining to him that it was bedtime whether or not he wanted it to be, he said "Don't talk to me, Mom. Talk to yourself." Ah... kids.

So, that's it. Now I've done a 'highlights of my day' post because I currently have nothing thought-provoking or poetic or literary. I should have considered that my furlough was this month before deciding to write every day in August, because I have very little time for being on the computer when Ryan and I are both off together and we have outings or projects planned. Oh well. It is what it is. And right now it's craziness and chaos and a daily summary.
Note: I chose to edit this post because someone has a saved blog seach out there and goes around commenting on any blogs that match with that search. It is nice that they are trying to inform people, but it totally creeps me out that they continue to check this post at least once a day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can stop checking this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete