Friday, August 7, 2009

Wondering

I had something else planned to post, but I don't have time for it. I have a ton of stuff to do and I am completely stressed about that and a lot of other things. This is what I have to post in place of something good.

Sometimes I just sit around, wondering what people are thinking. Sometimes I talk to someone who is in a difficult or frustrating life situation (the result of choices, not something out of their control like an illness) and I wonder what I would do if I were in their place. Sometimes that works. Sometimes I can think of something and offer some good advice or some encouraging words. Sometimes I just can't do it because I can never see myself making the choices that would lead me to be in that situation.

But then I think that maybe I would have ended up where they are if way back I had done something different. That maybe if I had screwed something up somewhere or done something incredibly stupid at one point instead of at a different point, I would have started making choices differently. And then I could be the one wishing someone could do something to help me.

Or maybe it is because I started disliking where I was going and started making different choices that I am here and not there. It's all very confusing. I realize this isn't making a lot of sense, but I'm going to have to post it or miss a day. Maybe I can explain more later. I think it just boils down to this: How is it that some of us are able to make choices that lead us to a more fulfilling, albeit imperfect place... but some of us just seem stuck in a cycle of choices that constantly lead to our own unhappiness? Is it possible to help another person break that cycle? Why am I not a psychiatrist?

Okay, so maybe that last question was a little over the top. This is all I have time for. Yay for another crap post.

No comments:

Post a Comment