Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20 Post

I'm off work today for Owen's second birthday. I cannot believe how fast the time goes! I told myself I'd write on here every day, but I really have a lot to do today and not a lot of time to spend online. I'm going to cheat (a little) and just post this rambling and a short poem I wrote when Luke was a few months old. I wrote it for Luke, but it applies equally to both boys.

It's a little weird to share my work with anyone who might stumble upon it, but I think only one person ever looks at this blog besides me so I'm going to try to not be nervous about it. Here goes:

People try.
They try to tell you what it's like.
How the whole world changes.
How you change.
How the instant you see his tiny, screaming face
you will love him merely for existing.
How every second becomes
holding on to moments.
And with every waking breath
you breathe a prayer.

1 comment: