Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday.... Blah

Rainy, blah day. Not the pretty, yay-spring-is-on-the-way! kind of rainy day. It's chilly and windy and gloomy and I am having a totally off day. I can't seem to make small talk with people, can't seem to communicate effectively with managers, can't seem to banter with my work friends. We are talking about a seriously OFF day. I would like to go home and go back to bed and sleep till tomorrow. Oh time travel, why are you so elusive?

I really dislike being in a funk like this. Not that anyone likes being in a funk.... I mean, it's so frustrating when you get to the point where you just stop trying to make the day better because all your attempts only make it worse. One of my co-workers just told me, "it's been a day of interruptions" and I think that is very fitting. It seems every time I get started working on something or feel like progress is being made on the things I'm working on, something comes up and I totally lose momentum. (Right now I'm listening to a conference call for which we are missing one person and everyone is talking about random agenda items for things other than the call topic. Twenty minutes of trying to track someone down so we can actually resolve something. Twenty minutes we can never get back. *Sigh*)

Anyway, enough of that. On to something else. I've been working on this in my head for a while, but I'm stuck. Here are some of the lines swirling around in my head. I'll post them here for now and see if I can make more progress on them at some point in the future when I have more time to focus my undivided attention.

A metal chair scraping on concrete.
Something unfinished.
Firefly lights fading in the background.
Time, adrift in wayward thoughts,
colliding with forgotten lyrics.

And then.... nothing. (No, that's not the last line.... I really have nothing after that. I need to work this out. It's driving me crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment