Monday, March 30, 2009

Window Eyes

It's a pretty, sunny day. I'd like to think spring might actually be thinking about sticking around, but it's difficult since we seem to be in a cycle of really nice Monday-Wednesday and then a slow decline to really crap weekends -- it was cloudy and windy and snowed/sleeted a little yesterday.

I have a rewrite of something I wrote last month. Well... a partial rewrite. Of course it's incomplete. (I'm thinking I should change the name of my blog to 'Poems Unfinished')

Visible,
yet unobserved.
Window eyes show the soul,
but few hold a gaze long enough to truly see.
Knowing
takes more than a glance over your shoulder as you walk away.
Love
is looking long enough.

Now as I'm re-reading it I'm thinking it kind of goes with my favorite quote: "Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less."- Rabbi Julins Gordon
Kind of the same theme. That's okay, right? It would be nice to know how the poem comes across. When I wrote it I wasn't thinking of romantic love. The 'Love' in it is just supposed to be about caring enough for another person that you actually take the time to get to know them. Maybe I need to re-rewrite it?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think of romantic love either. And that was before I read that you weren't thinking that too.

    ReplyDelete