Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another Favorite Things Friday

I've been complaining A LOT. Especially about that season which shall remain nameless. I think it is time to talk about some things I like, especially today when I am out of inspiration for a 'real' post. Here are some more of my favorite things, in no particular order:

Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus - Oh my goodness. If you always buy hummus from the store instead of making it at home, but have never had Sabra, maybe you shouldn't try it. It is that good. You will be ruined and unable to buy any other brand after you try Sabra. I love it with chips or pita or carrots. Yum.

The Food Network - I think I might be developing an unhealthy relationship with Food Network Nighttime. Ryan works Friday-Sunday nights, so I have sole control of the remote those nights. If I'm not watching something I DVR'd during the week, then I'm watching Food Network. And probably eating, since watching non-stop food shows makes me hungry. I might need therapy for this.

Highlander Grogg Coffee - Monday through Thursday, we drink regular coffee, because we set the coffee maker at night and share the brew and Ryan hates flavored coffee. On the weekend, I have the coffee maker all to myself so I make Highlander Grogg if I have it. The very subtle caramel and nut flavor is perfect for my half-and-half only, no sugar/sweetener way I take my coffee. It's great and I love it. I buy mine at Grinder's in Maineville.

My iPod Touch - Before Christmas, I had been hinting around to Ryan that I would like to have an MP3 player where I could store my music. I had done some research and settled on something in the $50 range. When I opened the iTouch 0n Christmas morning I just blurted out, "Babe, are you serious?? Oh my gosh!" Even then I was thinking it was excessive and I wouldn't possibly need something that did all that stuff. Let me tell you, now that I have it, I do need it. So cool! I can check my email and update my Facebook status without turning on the computer. Love.

American Eagle Jeans - It only took me 31 years, but I finally found jeans that are affordable, comfortable, and fit like a glove. When Ryan and I were in Vegas I had purchased a pair of 7 jeans, which were both comfortable and fit like a glove, but I can't justify spending that much on multiple jeans and kinda need more than one pair. American Eagle is one of those places where I typically avoided shopping because I don't like walking around with a giant brand on every inch of my clothing and that was my impression of AE. Who knew they would have such fabulous jeans?

When the boys are good at the store - Because weeknights are our family nights, we try not to plan anything those nights or have to spend them running around. This leaves me to do the grocery shopping alone with the boys on the weekend. My chosen time for this is Friday night, since I work all day anyway and want to get it out of the way and leave Saturday and Sunday open for whatever might come up. When we go to the store, I have three rules that the boys know and can recite from memory:
1. Stay close to Mommy.
2. Listen to Mommy and do what she says.
3. Watch for other people.
If they "forget" or disregard the rules, they have to sit in the cart, which they hate. If they have to get in the cart, there is much crying and yelling involved so I always hope it doesn't come to that. I love, love, love the nights when they are both so good at remembering the rules that I don't even have to remind them, let alone threaten them with sitting in the cart. (And yes, I realize that by writing that I have doomed myself to a horrendous next Friday at the grocery, but they were SO GOOD tonight and it was wonderful.)

Okay. I'll stop now. See? I can go a day without posting a hate post on my blog!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabra=YUM!

    Food Network=YUM!

    Highlander Grogg=my mouth is watering to try...I am counting the days :)

    AE Jeans= Been so long since I had a pair (it's been since someone else bought my clothes!) Need to try again....when I have the extra funds.

    Good Kids in the Store= *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that Hummus around, but I love Atheros spicy garlic hummus. That was the stuff I had when I was working at home last week. That hummus - and an entire box of Wheat Thins - were kicked by 4:30.

    I hated the iPod touch until I was given one to play with at work to test an application we were developing. Once I realized it had WiFi, I was sad that they weren't going to let me keep it. :(

    ReplyDelete