Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More Craziness. Why Not?

I'm not sure if it is okay for me to have a very favorite blog post of all my blog posts, but if it is, this one right here is it. I don't know why, since it is basically just putting a tiny sliver of my insanity out there for everyone to see. I guess it's that I actually sat down and wrote it all out like that so that I could clearly see why it takes me so long to get ready for anything.

This craziness is not limited to going out, however. Even something as simple as getting and drinking a cup of coffee on a weekend morning is usually a huge production. I will pour the coffee and heat it up in the microwave so it will still be hot even after I add half-and-half. Since it is out of sight for 30 seconds, I start to do something else. The something else is often checking my email and then one of the boys sees that my attention is not on them so he will ask for something. I will get that and then the other boy will want it too so I have to fill that request. I'll notice the fire needs stoked so I'll add some wood to it. Then I'll see that our the stack of wood in our wood alcove is getting low, so, not wanting to have to be bringing wood in after dark, I'll put on my coat and gloves and carry in several loads of wood.

What was I doing? Oh... coffee... right. I will have to heat it back up for a few seconds, but this time I will stay by the microwave and get it out as soon as it is hot. I'll add half-and-half and start sipping (no, I didn't forget the sugar, I only drink my coffee with cream). I'll think about what I need to do next. Then I'll have to help the boys with something else. Then I'll remember I need to wash Ryan's CT scrubs so I'll go to the laundry room with my coffee and set it down on the counter in there. I'll switch over the wet laundry to the dryer and start the load of scrubs (hopefully remembering I'm not supposed to use fabric softener). The boys will start fighting over something since I'm out of sight, so I will intervene.

Once they are playing nice again, I'll start straightening up and then maybe try again to check my email. Then I'll remember the dishwasher needs to be unloaded and start working on that. Around this time I'll start to wonder why I'm getting a headache. Oh. It's because I haven't had more than a couple sips of coffee. Hmmm.... if I could only find my coffee mug.

6 comments:

  1. so true. so true for us all. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's totally fine to have a favorite blog post! And yours is wonderful -- I love details. I don't think you're crazy. :)

    And I love that last bit, "...if I could only find my coffee mug."

    Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are blogging again! I love reading your posts and look forward to it everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trischa, I love that post and it was fun to read it again. Glad I could be part of the tiny sliver of your insanity you put out there. If you weren't at least a little crazy, we wouldn't love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm not sure if I should be glad, or concerned, that my craziness doesn't scare you all away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA HA! This is SO me! Granted, I don't have a working fireplace, but this is a daily occurance for me :) Glad I'm not alone. This was thouroughly enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete