Friday, April 10, 2009

A New Poem

I'm finally posting a completely new poem. One that (I think) is finished. Even though it sounds unfinished.... but that is kind of the point.


Unfulfilled expectations
shattering notions half-hearted
and preconceived.
Truths clearly visible,
yet unobserved.
Time --
wasting on the wayside.
Unsure of what happens
when I run out of words.

I know I already used the visible/unobserved word pairing, but it fits here too. I really, really like that thought so I've decided I can use it more than once. I think this is very fitting, as it describes my feeling of dread that I will wake up one day and have absolutely no words to express anything I want to write about. I'm really enjoying this exercise so I hope that doesn't happen.

On a personal, 'my crazy life' note.... I'm hosting a 'Girlfriend Appreciation Night' at my house tomorrow night. It will be ladies from my past and ladies from my present and ladies I hardly know and some friends of.... all of the above. It's kind of a long story, but I really feel like it's what I'm supposed to do. I don't know about other people, but in my life there are so few moments when what I am 'supposed to do' is so completely clear to me that when I have those moments I don't see any other option than following through. Oh... but did I mention that I have a genetic defect that causes me to FREAK OUT about being in charge of a gathering? About 2 days before I start feeling that 'what the heck was I thinking' feeling in the pit of my stomach. The day of is complete panic and chaos... with me deciding that I don't have enough food or drinks or room or sanity to actually pull the thing off and I'm just a huge bundle of nerves and craziness. (More so than usual) So... if there are no posts from me after this it is because I have succumbed to the insanity and am in a mental ward somewhere, crying that I didn't have the proper quantity of beverage napkins to meet the demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment