Friday, April 3, 2009

What is Crazy? (Too frequent use of parenthesis?)

I got my first tattoo when I was twenty-nine (last May.... and it's something pretty that represents Ryan and the boys). I pierced my navel, but not till I was in college (and no, I don't still have it... To any 16 year-olds out there..... pierced navel+time+two pregnancies=not pretty). I didn't have my first kiss till I was eighteen (and yes, I ended up marrying the guy). Some people might say these are all signs of a late bloomer. I just think procrastination runs so deeply in my veins that I'm always putting things off. Even milestones. Even life experiences. Even major (and minor) decisions. Perhaps I think that if I put things off long enough, something will happen to force my hand and I won't have to decide at all. Maybe I just like working under pressure (like writing this instead of the other thing I should be working on that actually has a deadline... so that when I start working on the other thing I will only have a short amount of time to complete it). That sounds a little crazy.

(I'm pretty sure I'm more than a little crazy.)



A Poem about Being a Crazy Person....

It never stops.
It whispers craziness
in your ear.
Makes your thoughts
veer wildly
this way and that.
Is this what insanity feels like?
The crippling procrastination.
The constant second guessing of words
previously escaped.
The compulsive questioning
of choices.
Mind control?
I wish I could control mine.

I just might be a little too crazy for my own good......

No comments:

Post a Comment