Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thank You Anäis Nin

Here is a newly discovered favorite quote:

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." ~Anäis Nin
(Yes, I am aware that she was... ahem.... colorful.... but truth is truth, no matter who says it.)

This is what I love about quotes. That a person can so clearly state something which you were only aware of in the periphery of your mind. I know in some abstract way, I'd thought about this before. How it's amazing that a person can have such a range of friends. If you were to take my closest friends and compare them to each other on the surface, you might think I have multiple personalities. How can I really connect with each of these people? But isn't that one of the amazing things about friends? Why would you want an entire group of friends who are basically the same person? I love how each of my friends 'represents a world' in me. Have I mentioned I love that quote?


And since I now think no post would be complete without yet another partial poem:

I need to know what's next.
My nature dislikes the unknown.
Dislikes ambiguity.
Dislikes the indistinct.
Trusting invisible light is not easy.

That's all I have for now. I realize this is a strange post, but I feel strange.... something to do with a leaking propane canister and some other very odd happenings today. I might possibly blog about all of that over the weekend, although I am trying to keep this more for ideas/poems/thoughts rather than recounting the strangeness I call my life. So... yeah...

1 comment:

  1. can you make a separate blog about your strange life? Cause I really kinda like reading about it.

    ReplyDelete